The Nevada Board of Engineers provides the information and process through which licensing as a Professional Engineer, Professional Land Surveyor, and certification of Engineer Intern and Land Surveyor Intern is possible. Applications, examination schedules, material and resources can be found on this website.
Our website is an improved source of information regarding licensed individuals and firms and enforcement actions regarding licensees, and all information on examinations, compliance and Nevada state laws.
The Mission of our Board is to safeguard life, health, and property and to promote the public welfare by providing for the licensure of qualified and competent professional engineers and professional land surveyors.
News and Announcements:
- The National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) has issued a statement that it has revised its approach to its education initiative. Please click here for the NCEES statement.
- The ASCE Las Vegas Younger Member Forum (YMF) is pleased to provide a Civil P.E. Review Course for the NCEES P.E. Exam. Please click here for the Fall 2014 class schedule.
- Licensees “S – Z” whose license expires on June 30, 2014, can renew their license beginning June 1, 2014. The Board will mail post cards to all licensees in mid-May that provide information and links to the Board’s website for license renewal. Renewal can be done online via credit or debit card and e-check. A renewal form can also be downloaded for mailing to the Board office with a check or money order.
- REMINDER: Firm Registrations renewals are due January 1, 2014, or on the anniversary date of your initial registration.Click here to renew online.
- Legislative Counsel Bureau Legal Opinion Regarding SB 268 (1/24/12)
The Regulations relating to the State Board of Professional Engineers and the State Board of Architecture, Interior Design and Residential Design were deferred on October 26, 2011, by the Legislative Commission to a future hearing.
The Regulations provide for the issuance and renewal of Certificates of Eligibility to receive certain preferences when competing for public works. The Commission’s decision was due to the dollar amount of the annual Modified Business Tax that would exclude small local firms from meeting the qualifications to receive the preference.
- Certificate of Eligibility Forms: Application Form (Draft) / Renewal Form (Draft)
- Notice of Hearing 10/6/2011 to Act Upon Proposed Regulation (LCB R044-11)
- Adopted Regulation concerning “Certificates of Eligibility” for Public Works projects. (LCB File No. R044-11)
- Certificate of Eligibility-Awarded Projects Form
- Senate Bill SB268 – Certificates of Eligibility
- Special Inspection Task Force White Paper