The Nevada Board of Engineers provides the information and process through which licensing as a Professional Engineer, Professional Land Surveyor, and certification of Engineer Intern and Land Surveyor Intern is possible. Applications, examination schedules, material and resources can be found on this website.
Our website is an improved source of information regarding licensed individuals and firms and enforcement actions regarding licensees, and all information on examinations, compliance and Nevada state laws.
The Mission of our Board is to safeguard life, health, and property and to promote the public welfare by providing for the licensure of qualified and competent professional engineers and professional land surveyors.
News and Announcements:
- October 2013 NCEES exam results – The Nevada Board will send you an email with further instructions within two weeks after you received your results from NCEES
- License renewal forms for those licensees with last name “L – R” and whose license expires on December 31, 2013, will be emailed on December 1st regarding online license renewal. Licensees will be directed to a website address where they can renew their license using a debit card, credit card or eCheck. The renewal form can also be printed and mailed with a check or money order to the Board office at 1755 E. Plumb Lane, Suite 135, Reno, NV 89502. Paper renewal forms will no longer be mailed.Click here to renew online.
- REMINDER: Firm Registrations renewals are due January 1, 2014, or on the anniversary date of your initial registration.Click here to renew online.
- Legislative Counsel Bureau Legal Opinion Regarding SB 268 (1/24/12)
The Regulations relating to the State Board of Professional Engineers and the State Board of Architecture, Interior Design and Residential Design were deferred on October 26, 2011, by the Legislative Commission to a future hearing.
The Regulations provide for the issuance and renewal of Certificates of Eligibility to receive certain preferences when competing for public works. The Commission’s decision was due to the dollar amount of the annual Modified Business Tax that would exclude small local firms from meeting the qualifications to receive the preference.
- Certificate of Eligibility Forms: Application Form (Draft) / Renewal Form (Draft)
- Notice of Hearing 10/6/2011 to Act Upon Proposed Regulation (LCB R044-11)
- Adopted Regulation concerning “Certificates of Eligibility” for Public Works projects. (LCB File No. R044-11)
- Certificate of Eligibility-Awarded Projects Form
- Senate Bill SB268 – Certificates of Eligibility
- Special Inspection Task Force White Paper